Janet Allen's Speaking and Book Signing Schedule:
- VEG PotLuck/Classes Cause of Wellness classes have turned into ongoing potluck/classes at Hygieia Homestead (1115 N. Melita Road, Sterling, MI 48659) the second Wednesday of each month. I will review each time for new people. Sign up on this site to receive emails about all my events. Introductions and potluck at 5 PM, Eat at 5:30, class at 6, and a movie at 7 (usually hour and a half) with popcorn!!
Bring a dish to share that contains no meat, eggs or dairy and preferably organic. I send an email usually telling you what I plan to make for that meal. If you need a recipe just call or email me. We always have really yummy food!!
- VEG Potluck October 10 5 PM Topic: Vegan Basics and movie "Forks Over Knives"
- October 25 from 1 to 3 Talk: "How Food Affects Aging" at Sunrise Side Lifelong Learning at 27 N. Rempert Rd, Tawas City, MI
- Early November to mid-December - The Cause of Wellness Course through Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Saginaw Valley State University, University Center, MI. Six weekly two-hour classes on Thursdays (time TBA) - The Cause of Wellness begins with latest independent science on how physical diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes are related to diet and lifestyle and why the Whole Plant Food diet is healthiest for humans. Emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of wellness are also covered along with recipes and tips to live healthy in a corporate profit-oriented society. Suggested: Watch "Forks over Knives" and "What the Health" before class. (Cost TBA)
- VEG Potluck November 14 Sauerkraut demonstration and Movie: "What the Health"
- VEG Potluck December 12 Solstice party and Chakra meditation