Janet Allen's Speaking and Book Signing Schedule:
- VEG PotLuck/Classes Cause of Wellness classes have turned into ongoing potluck/classes at Hygieia Homestead (1115 N. Melita Road, Sterling, MI 48659) the second Wednesday of each month. I will review each time for new people. Sign up on this site to receive emails about all my events. Introductions and potluck at 5 PM, Eat at 5:30, class at 6, and a movie at 7 (usually hour and a half) with popcorn!!
Bring a dish to share that contains no meat, eggs or dairy and preferably organic. I send an email usually telling you what I plan to make for that meal. If you need a recipe just call or email me. We always have really yummy food!!
- VEG Potluck January 9 Weight control. If you want to change your size, bring a picture of how you want to look (for your use only)
- VEG Potluck February 13 Topic TBA
- VEG Potluck March 13 Topic TBA
- VEG Potluck April 10 Topic TBA
- May and June (dates TBA) The Cause of Wellness course through Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Saginaw Valley State University, University Center, MI. Six weekly two hour classes, the Cause of Wellness begins with the best up-to-date peer reviewed independent science on how physical diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes are related to diet and lifestyle and why the Whole Unprocessed Plant diet is healthiest for humans. Emotional, Mental, and Spiritual aspects of wellness are also covered along with recipes and tips to be healthy in a corporate, profit-oriented society. I suggest you watch the documentaries: "Forks Over Knives" and "What the Health" before class. (Cost TBA).