Janet Allen's Speaking and Book Signing Schedule:
- VEG PotLuck/Classes Cause of Wellness classes have turned into ongoing potluck/classes at Hygieia Homestead (1115 N. Melita Road, Sterling, MI 48659) the second Tuesday of each month. I will review each time for new people. Sign up on this site to receive emails about all my events. Introductions and potluck at 6 PM, talk at 7, and a movie at 8 (usually hour and a half) with popcorn!!
Bring a dish to share that contains no meat, eggs or dairy and preferably organic. I send an email usually telling you what I plan to make for that meal. If you need a recipe just call or email me. We always have really yummy food!!
Most months Mark has farm produce for sale and will put you on his email list if you like. You can pick up at the potluck!
- VEG Potluck May 8 Topic will be Heart Health. Movie: IThrive Pleasure Trap
- May 26 10 AM City Market 401 Center Ave, Bay City, MI. FREE Talk "The Wise of Being Vegan"
- VEG Potluck June 12 Back Pain and Yoga basics. Movie: Esther Gokhale "Walk This Way"
- VEG Potluck July 10 Farm tour and herb/wild greens walk! (weather permitting). Movie: Sergei Boutenko "Wild Edibles"
- Standish Wellness Group August 9 at 2:30 PM in Standish Free Methodist Hall Topic is Emotional Health, Diet, and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- VEG Potluck August 14 Topic: Autoimmune disease: Arthritis, MS, Psoriasis, etc. Meditation and movie
- VEG Potluck September 11 Topic: Diet in the Bible and other religions. Movie: "Are Humans Designed to Eat Meat"
- VEG Potluck October 9 Topic: Detoxification and Old Lady Beauty tips
- Early November to mid-December - The Cause of Wellness Course through Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Saginaw Valley State University, University Center, MI. Six weekly two-hour classes on Thursdays (time TBA) - The Cause of Wellness begins with latest independent science on how physical diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes are related to diet and lifestyle and why the Whole Plant Food diet is healthiest for humans. Emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of wellness are also covered along with recipes and tips to live healthy in a corporate profit-oriented society. Suggested: Watch "Forks over Knives" and "What the Health" before class. (Cost TBA)
- VEG Potluck November 13 Sauerkraut demonstration and Law of Attraction
- VEG Potluck December 18 Solstice party and meditation